Saturday, September 27, 2014

Adventure Purple Hair!! : Sep-12

It all began with Dor. Having laid her hands on some purple hairdye, she bleached and colored Hong's then Korean-style longish & permed hair to a beautiful purple! A darkish kind of purple which was subtle and at the same time mesmerizing. I was first captivated by it when Hong attended a RHQ leaders meeting and he was sitting a few rows in front. Hmm.. Nice, I thought. At that time, I did not think it was a DIY job. It was so good, you see..

I subsequently noticed too, the ends of Dor's mane were purplish too. Not quite the same shade as Hong's but still nice. Hong then revealed that Dor was the hair colorist responsible for his and her own hair color change, and that she was about to color Van's hair soon too! Dor then offered to color my hair too if I was keen.. Of course I was!! (^_*)

We--Dor, Van and I--began to hunt for pictures which would be the end-result of how we would want our hair to look like..
It was a girly project. It was pretty fun! As I finally decided that I wanted ombré beginning with black, then blue, then purple, I dyed my own hair for the second time in my entire life, black. It was pretty disastrous, as i discovered only much much later..

The real fun began in Dor's bathroom. On that Monday late afternoon, told Ma I'm not taking dinner and took a train over. Dor did not have to work late and already had the bleach prepared when I reached. We plunged into action straight away. Van would have joined us if she did not have to be at the Project Superstar live studio.. Anyway, Jiun joined us instead! Other than the hair, we had a great time yakking like we had rarely done before.. I felt all young and girlish all over again!! Like some stayover party of some sort..

Actually Jiun juz had her hair done at Carrie's.. cut & colored. But after sitting in Dor's bathroom with Dor and me throughout the evening, she finally succumbed to Dor's temptation and had purple hairdye put onto her hair as well!! Eventually Dor also had her hair 'wet' again; not wanting to waste, she used the remaining purple hairdye on her own hair.
Juz realized I have no picture of Dor's Adventure Hair!! ) :

Results was satisfactory.. but not after we scrutinized my hair.

Dor was really meticulous. She refused to accept that a huge segment of my brown hair had remained, and that somehow the blue turned out to be more green than blue. and we spent another evening in her bathroom again! (: 
Dor was determined. She spared no bleach and thoroughly applied them all over my hair ends. I was thoroughly amazed by this DIY Queen!!
*** ***
Dor only colored the ends of her hair. She reasoned that the bleaching would surely damage hair and if she found the damage unbearable, she could juz snip off her ends and her hair would be as good and healthy as new!! I did not give her wise words much thought. However, I realized I had internalized them as common sense!
*** ***
Caring for this colored hair required some efforts. First of all, I had to get used to the color run each time I wash my hair. Although Dor's advice was to use a light shampoo and only to wash the scalp area, and not washing hair daily.. However, I defiantly did as I would normally do. And Alas!! A mini crisis of some sort, struck. Washing long hair was already an undesirable chore daily; washing long all-clumped-together straw was ten times more tedious and undesirable!! It came to a point where I missed combing my hair so badly that I decided to snip those straw away.. ) :
Once again after many many years, my hair was short again!! As Yvonne did not snip all the colored hair away, my ends were still colored, so was a lil' portion of my bleached fringe; the original purple color had ran, leaving only the bleached hair.

Not long after, Dor sent me the below picture with the message, "See you cut hair, I also cut!!".

Hahaa!! The end of our Adventure Purple Hair.. It was good while it lasted. The internet was really a fantastic invention, together with YouTube!! We could not have done what we did without them.. (^_-)

No comments: