Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Random Dinner Conversation : Sep-14

Setting: At our dining table in the kitchen.

Xuan, En and I were eating our packed dinner bought by their yeye. These were bought from a special economic rice shop where every packet with one meat and two vegetables costs only $2! Moreover, they serve a high-grade Thai jasmine rice which is fragrant and very plalatable!!

So the three of us were eating our dinner and chatting about our day. Xuan had spent the afternoon in school for sectionals and the entire previous day at school too participating in a learning journey then back to school for CCA. Xuan then began to relate her day.. 

As she was talking half-way, En interrupted us and spoke to me, "Mummy, Erjie and you don't talk like mother and child."  Well, juz as En frequently interrupts people's conversations, Xuan has also perfected the skill of ignoring En's interjections, and continued her sharing. But I was interested in what En was saying, hence asked Xuan to stop for a while..

"What do you mean 'don't talk like mother and child'? Then how do we talk like? Do we talk like mother and child when we talk--you and I?" I had to ask En. 

"Yes, we talk like mother and child but you and Erjie don't! You talk like two adults."

Wow.. This is a revelation to me! I have never thought of it this way.. My gal actually talks to me like an adult!! That's pretty mature isn't it? Loving it!!

No comments: