Monday, August 25, 2014

"Mummy, I Want to Join Kotekitai.." : Aug-14

Ever since the old Kotekitai girls got reunited last year through one ex-Kotekitai chief's efforts, many old memories surface again every now and then.  Just recently, from En's sick and fever bout, I realized an inconspicuous benefit I received after being a Kotekitai girl..

En has every now and then complained about having headache or stomachache.. and more recently, she also said she suffered from giddiness, especially when she has a fever.  That brings to mind how I used to hate having fever when I was about En's age.. Not only was I allergic to common fever medications such as panadol and aspirin, my head would also spin non-stop whenever I had fever, no matter how high or low the fever.  Hence whenever I had fever, I would lay like a dead cat on the bed and could not even move from the bedroom to the kitchen to get a drink of water or visit the toilet.  I can still remember hallucinating about drinking water or releasing my bladder during those times!  So when En mentioned about giddiness during fever, I can absolutely empathize with her!  For once I no longer take her words as just wanting our attention.

Seriously, those giddy spells became a thing of the past unconsciously.. unknowingly..  I really don't know when they disappeared!  Thinking back, i became a physically tougher girl after joining the Kotekitai as I had to go under the hot sun for footdrills every Sunday morning, rain or shine! I seldom fell sick thereafter, and certainly no more giddiness.  I told En last week that one of the benefits for me after joining Kotekitai was that I no longer have giddy spells, and asked if she wants to join Kotekitai too, to toughen up herself.  She did not reply.

Therefore I was very surprised this morning as I drove her to school, that she suddenly blurted out, "Mummy, I want to join Kotekitai.. When can I join Kotekitai?  I don't want to feel giddy anymore."  OMG.. I felt so guilty as a mum to disregard her very real bodily suffering..  I felt so sorry for this poor girl in front of me for having to suffer such bodily discomfort at such a young age.. )':
En, I shall seriously chant for you to overcome all these as soon as possible!

No comments: