Thursday, August 21, 2014

A brief visit to Haw Par Villa : Aug-14

On an early Sunday morning, I had been given the responsibility to fetch Qi to her Buddhist entrance examination near Pasir Panjang.  I dropped her off at about 9am and had more than an hour and a half to spend before she finished her examination.  After parking my car, I decided to roam to the nearby historical place of interest, the Haw Par Villa.

Throughout these few decades, Haw Par Villa was mostly free on admission except for a few exceptional years where some 'jokers' ventured into a failed project to add 'flowery' features to the park, like roller-coaster!!? From my childhood photos, Haw Par Villa was a place where nice photographs could be taken with numerous beautiful statues.  Since young, I had visited this place several times but its layout seemed to be always different except for the few residence statues.

The last visit could easily be a decade ago, but this brief one still brought back some nice memories.  As I walked, I could not help but admire the generosity of the Haw Par brothers who contributed and shared their wealth with the general public.  On top of that, I also realized the strong humanistic value which the park conveyed and its objective and hope for people to bring back some to contribute to the society or just to be a good and nice person.

I jsut hope this place could be kept for more generations to come.

 
Statues then
Statues now
Another old photo

No comments: