Saturday, March 3, 2018

Dental implant second episode : Mar-18

3rd Mar was the day for my scheduled implant surgery for my left side, this time minus an extraction, there would be a sinus lift for the upper and two implants for the lower jaw.

The sequence changed this time, the dentist decided to do the sinus lift first.  This surgery unexpectedly took much longer than the last one as I later knew it was because more bone was needed to be drafted on the left side.  It was an agonising process, extremely stressful and also for the first time, i felt pain in the midst of the operation despite the jabs.  I was given two more rounds of jabs before the operation successfully completed after 1hour and 15 mins.  I was wore out then and the lower jaw had not even started!  Fortunately enough, the dentist was able to complete the two implant without cutting open my gum again.  The experience this time was not as pleasant as the last but at that moment, I was glad that it was finally over.
The recovery process was similar to the last surgery on the right, had a very swollen face for about 4 days before it started to subside and recovered.

No comments: