Thursday, May 15, 2014

Near Accident @home : May'14

It's a typical school Monday. Feeling lethargic from the weekend, I was lookin forward to be perked up in my zumba class. That mornin, I had resolved to be punctual! In order to do that, I have to get En to be cooperative..

Surprisingly, En woke up on her own and walked into the kitchen whilst I was preparing her breakfast. She remembered the seaweed tidbit she missed eating last night because she has brushed her teeth and was determined to eat some that day! So she asked me to pack her a lunch box for her recess and to put the seaweed in. In addition, she wanted a hard boiled egg and some digestives.

Easy peasy, I thought. I could easily get that done and still be in time for my class! I went to put an egg in my favourite stainless steel container and proceeded to help En wash up.

Aiyah.. still 5 minutes late for my zumba! And I forgot to bring the birds out..

When I returned from zumba, En was expectedly at her ah mah's place. Our corridor looked unusually foggy, I thought.. it's actually smoky because there was a unfamiliar foul smell in the air. Not sensing anything amiss, I juz opened my door and was surprised to find my living door very smoky too, even more so than the corridor.. Then it dawned upon me!! I HAD NOT TURNED OFF THE FIRE FROM COOKING MY EGG!!!

I dashed into the kitchen and the stove fire was still on.. My pot had turned pitch black.. I immediately turned off the fire. I was so so so relieved that there was no explosion and nothing caught fire!! PHEW..

For the first time in a long time, I opened up all the windows in the house and turned on all the fans.. Gotta get rid of the stench!! 

I could still keep the incident under wraps if not for the lingering odour.. In the end I confessed to the whole world on fb.


No comments: