Sunday, September 2, 2018

My first dragon dance experience and competition : Aug-18

Earlier this year, Adrian asked me if I could helped out in their coming dragon dance competition.  As I was rather free then and also without any dragon dancing experience, I agreed that I would help out in the percussion.  However later in May, Adrian persuaded me to try out dragon dancing instead, just for the fun and so I agreed.

We started practicing in June, twice a week and then increased to three times a week when nearer the competition.  It was a wonderful experience to participate in this competition, the teamwork, the spirit and the friendship.

Our team age ranged from 15 to 59 years old and there was a female member too.  On the actual day, we steadily did well to secure a silver medal and only 0.12 points to gold!









No comments: